In these terms and conditions, we use ”Butler”, “Site”, “Platform”, “we”, “our”, ”us”, “Butler +”, “BMS”, “Butler Management System” interchangeably to refer to ourselves, Mayfair Enterprises Limited, which is a company incorporated in Hong Kong. We refer you as “Client” or “user” or “customer” or “resident” and this shall include any individual person, firm, company or body which places an order with Butler. While we strive to do our best and provide quality services to our Clients, our services are provided subject to the terms and conditions set out herein. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using our services.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITION
· By using any of our platforms including but not limited to our mobile app, website, Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, WhatsApp, Chat platforms or other similar social media channels (collectively referred to as “Platform”) to subscribe our service each times, you confirm that you have read and understood and agree to the terms and conditions herein contained.
· By registering as a member of Butler, you agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions herein contained, including any amendments made to them from time to time.
· If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, we regret that we will not be able to provide you with our services and you will not be able to be registered as a member of Butler.
· Butler reserves the right at any time and from time to time to update, revise, supplement and otherwise modify these terms and conditions and to impose new and/or additional rules, policies, terms and/or conditions on your use of the Platform and our services. Such additional terms will be effective immediately and be incorporated into these terms and conditions. We will keep you updated of the changes via the Platform. Your continued subscription and use of our services via the Platform constitutes your acceptance of all such additional terms.
· These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Butler and supersede all prior representations, agreements, statements and understandings whether verbal or in writing.
· While we make every effort to ensure that details of our services, including prices, listed on our Platform are up to date, prices of our services are subject to change without prior notice.
· All prices are charged according to the rates applicable on the day of your order.
· We reserve our right to reject an order or discontinue any of our services in circumstances that may render us unable or impracticable to provide the services required, or the provision of the requested services may, in our sole discretion, put our staff at potential health, safety or other risks. Our Butler staff work on a pre-scheduled basis and may not be available at the time and date you prefer. All orders are subject to confirmation of final availability and we reserve our right to reject the order in the event that any of the services requested are unavailable or unfulfillable. In the event that we are unable to provide or fulfil any of the services in your order, we will promptly notify you by phone or email before the service date.
· You are required to register with our Platform before placing any order for services.
· During the registration:
a. You must provide us with accurate, complete and up to date registration information;
b. You must safeguard your own username and password;
c. You authorize us to assume that any person using the application with your username and password is either yourself or a person you have duly authorized.
· We have absolute discretion to refuse registration of a potential Client and to terminate the registration of any Client for any reason.
· You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you have provided so that we can communicate with you effectively.
You agree that we may share with third party service providers certain personally identifiable information of you listed below for the purpose of rendering our services to you:
· Information you provide us such as below :
· Mobile phone number
· Demographic information
· Information we collect as you access and use our service, including device information, location and network carrier
· Specific request or instruction for the booked session
· Any other relevant information for Butler to render services to you in the ordinary course of our business
Information may be shared with third party service providers (only on a need to know basis) for the purpose of:
· Personalize the services for you
· Perform behavioural analytics
· Improve our products and services
· To periodically send promotional emails to the email address you have provided about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interest
· We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure
· In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
www.butlerasia.com, and they are incorporated by reference and form part and parcel of these terms and conditions.
DETAIL OF SERVICES
· You should apprise yourself of, and read carefully, the description of each service provided before ordering our service, as each monthly subscription plan or other services of Butler has its specific terms and conditions.
· Butler will assign staff according to a Client’s preference, but such arrangement is not guaranteed and is subject to the preferred staff’s availability. Butler has the final decision on staff arrangement for all sessions ordered by Client.
· Arrival and departure time may be subject to reasonable change and we are not responsible for any late arrival or delay due to unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances
· For any instructions given by Client for work to be done in a particular session, Butler’s staff will try their best to finish work within the session subject to the sufficiency of time allowed in that session.
· [Butler may source independent third party providers for the provision of specific services to Clients or otherwise as requested by Clients. In no circumstances shall Butler or any of its staff be liable for the performance or any act or omission of these third party providers who shall remain solely responsible.
NO ATTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY BUTLER STAFF
We provide services free of any political considerations, and we train and require our staff to perform services with quality standards and in a professional manner. Any personal view or political stance expressed by any Butler staff in the course of their performance of services shall be entirely on their own account and shall not be in any way attributed to Butler. Butler forbids staff to hold out any personal view or political stance as to represent that of Butler, and in no circumstances shall any such personal view or political stance expressed by any Butler staff represent that of Butler or any of its directors, shareholders or management.
We provide the following core services, whether as an option in our monthly subscription plan or a one-time one-off service:
a) Cleaning and housekeeping
b) Food preparation
c) Closet management and laundry
d) Groceries delivery
e) Any other specific services requested by Clients, which may or may not require and involve outsourcing to appropriate third party providers
CLEANING AND HOUSEKEEPING
· Our cleaning and housekeeping services target to keep your home clean and orderly and these include without limitation, vacuuming, dusting, and polishing of furniture; cleaning of wood floors, kitchen appliances, bath tubs and shower stalls, toilets, sinks and all sink fixtures, and removal of trash from the interior trash containers for disposal at the outdoor dumpster.
· Our food preparation services includes: preparing and cooking dishes, at the option of Client either to be consumed by Client immediately or to be stored in the fridge for Client’s later consumption (the food ingredients cost is not included in the price listed on the application and is to be reimbursed by Client); cleaning the cooking utensils, kitchenware, kitchen area and dining area after the food preparation is completed.
· It is Client’s responsibility to make available the necessary and working equipment for us to prepare and cook the meal.
CLOSET MANAGEMENT AND LAUNDRY SERVICES
· Our closet management and laundry services include:- organizing the clothing, accessories and shoes of Client’s closet; cleaning Client’s clothes by handwashing and/or machine wash; preparing clothes for drying on a drying rack or in the drying machine; cleaning shoes and accessories; bringing clothes to dry cleaning store within a distance of no farther than 800m from Client’s home.
· Dry cleaning cost is not included in any of our services and is to be paid by Client.
· A minimum deposit of HK$500 in Butler mobile app is required for the purchase of groceries. Client is required to top up the deposit after each purchase completed by Butler.
· We shall keep the receipt of each purchase of groceries.
· Copy of the receipt of purchase of groceries will only be furnished to Client upon Client’s request.
· Our groceries service only covers the purchase of groceries at the nearest supermarket or convenience store within a distance of no farther than 800m from Client’s home. The cost of groceries is to be borne by Client and deducted from the deposit after purchase.
· Our groceries service is subject to availability of the subject items in the supermarket or convenience store, and Butler will inform Client if any of the items cannot be purchased.
· If there is not enough balance in Client’s deposit amount, Butler is entitled not to fulfil the entire groceries service requested by Client.
For the safety concerns of our staff members (i.e. housekeepers), we are to provide a safe and hazard less environment for them to perform their services and hence have the discretion to deny unreasonable requests or jobs where we deem unsafe. To ensure this safe environment, we would also ask all our clients to turn on their air conditioner or fan when they expect a service job, especially during the summer time and we would, on a best-effort, obtain consent if the describe safe environment is not present during the job of our housekeeper.
Butler is happy to, on a best-effort basis, fulfil our Clients’ needs and will endeavour to make arrangements to accommodate these needs if the relevant circumstances and resources permit, including the engagement of third party providers. You are welcome to enquire with our Butler staff for the availability of any additional services or arrangements from Butler and the fees thereof with respect to your special needs.
CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
· For core home services (Housekeeping, food preparation, closet management or grocery resupply) and if the session is below 5 service hours, full-price of the services ordered will be charged if cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the start of the confirmed session. For the above services purchased, free cancellation and amendment request earlier than 48 hours of the confirmed session is allowed.
· For deep cleaning or other value added services other than the core home services or any sessions with service hours above 5 hours, full-price of the services ordered will be charged if cancellation is made less than 5 days before the start of the confirmed session. For the sessions type listed here, free cancellation and amendment request earlier than 5 days of the confirmed session is allowed.
· For Clients under the monthly subscription plan, either Butler or Client may terminate the services at any time, but in case Client terminates the services, full 1 month fee will be charged, and no refund will be given, by Butler in respect of the month when notice to terminate is given by Client.
· In no event will the fee of monthly subscription plan, any paid services or in-APP credits can be refunded.
LIABILITY FOR DAMAGED AND LOST ITEMS
· Our liability for losses you have suffered, whether in respect of damaged or lost items or otherwise, as a result of proven fault (i.e. substantiated with evidence such as video or photos) on the part of our Butler staff, is strictly limited to the fees you have paid for the session of services ordered.
· This limitation does not include or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
· Butler shall not be responsible for any indirect or consequential losses as a result of the physical loss or damage, including but not limited to any loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; or waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
· In an event where damage is occurred and reported with proof during our service, the maximum compensation will be HK$300 per service session.
· Client should notify Butler promptly within 24 hours upon completion of the session where any breakage or damage was discovered otherwise Butler will not be responsible for any loss or damage occurred due to the pre-existing faulty and/or improper installation and/or condition of any items or equipment concerned.
· To avoid any inadvertent, accidental damage, Butler requests Clients to properly store any fragile, irreplaceable or irreparable items (whether monetarily or sentimentally valued) and/or not to instruct our Butler staff to clean these items.
· Client is responsible to safely store any valuable items. In no event will Butler or its staff be liable to Client for any lost items.
· Butler and its staff do not accept any responsibility for security of the premises or loss/ damage to personal property if other individuals or visitors have access to Client’s home at the relevant time, or if Client’s home is not properly safeguarded against theft or burglary by reasonable security measures.
· We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your booking and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our Platform.
EVENTS OUTSIDE CONTROL
· Butler will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations or services that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
· A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: strikes, lock outs or other industrial action; civil commotion; riot; invasion; terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack; war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster; impossibility of use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport; impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
· Our performance is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues.
· We accept Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and UnionPay for payment.
· All the monthly subscription will be automatically renewed and charged on a monthly basis via bank account or credit card autopay unless Client informs us in sufficient time in advance to cancel.
· All product prices listed are in Hong Kong dollars.
· We have employed a trusted online platform name Stripe, which is an equivalent and similar platform as the widely known Paypal but specifically for corporates.
· Our acceptance of Client’s tender for payment does not automatically confirm the availability of our services for a booked session, which shall always be subject to the availability of our staff and Butler’s ultimate discretion.
· Butler reserves the right to change the payment terms for any order without prior notice.
· Butler have the right to deduct Client’s late payment from credit card.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and constructed by the laws of The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China, and Client and Butler Asia agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts.